Program Coordinator (Contractor)
Contract Administrator: Program Manager
Date: June 2018
the Service Board (tSB) mentors youth to conquer personal and community challenges through outdoor adventure, environmental and social justice education, and public service. tSB provides Seattle area teenagers from marginalized communities with a safe space where their voices are heard, where are they valued and where they given space to develop as leaders.
We are looking for contracted Program Coordinator to help plan and facilitate our programming (summer activities and Core Program) in close conjunction with our Program Manager. This person is critical to the successful execution of our programs as they will partner with our Peer Leaders (second year youth participants) to develop and lead workshops with the assistance of adult volunteers.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND DESIRED SKILLS
• Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience in non-profit industry
• At least one-year experience with youth development programs
• Strong administrative skills and recognize the value of timely, concise and efficient communication.
• Demonstrated analytical and evaluative skills to effectively interpret information
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including experience working with various stakeholders and collaborating in a diverse and dynamic team environment
• Effective facilitator who embraces the challenge of managing a diverse group of program participants
• Enthusiastic demeanor that takes initiative and possesses a high tolerance for ambiguity
• Experience with, and understanding of, the diverse communities we serve
• Passion for the mission and values of tSB – mentoring, service, social justice and outdoor adventure
Scope of Work
Execute Strategy for Program Recruitment and Retention
• Work with Program Manager to develop recruitment and retention plan for Core Program participants
• Manage Peer Leaders to provide professional development to successfully develop and execute program curriculum and other program related activities
• Build and maintain relationships with program participants and adult program volunteers
• Perform program outreach to community youth and their families at targeted events/workshops/fairs
• Coordinate with school staff and community members, other youth and family service system providers to maximize student participation, healthy development and resources for community collaboration
• Partner with Development Coordinator to establish and maintain alumni database for recruitment purposes
Develop Core Programming and Coordinate Summer Activities
• Assist with planning and handling logistics for summer activities
• Plan and coordinate relevant Peer Leader, Mentor, and Snowboard Instructor trainings that ensure safety and foster community building and leadership development
• Communicate with other staff to ensure coordination of healthy meals at each Program session and/or activity
• Serve as the main point of contact for all youth participants, their families, and program adult volunteers
• Administer pre and post test evaluations/surveys
• Submit reports for child and family services when necessary
• Maintain resource bank of child and family social services
• Work with staff to manage participant applications, release/insurance forms, financial aid information, volunteer background checks and snowboard gear inventory
• Track participant attendance and service hours in system for reporting purposes
• Work with staff to conduct evaluation of programs and support outcome reporting processes
• Respond to participant crises and facilitate restorative practices when necessary
• Assist Program Manager to establish and maintain relationships with peer and service-learning programs to support partnerships
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
• This is a 6-month contract-based position with opportunity to phase into a permanent position
• 30-35 hours a week
• Salary DOE ($18-$22/hour range)
• Season Pass/Lift Tickets to Stevens Pass and/or the Summit at Snoqualmie
Please submit a resume and cover letter, including your desired pay rate to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30, 2018. Interviews conducted on rolling basis and position open till filled.
tSB is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces equity, and in compliance with applicable laws, tSB does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or marital status.
Candidates of color and familiar with our programs are strongly encouraged to apply.